Dream of Things blog, publisher Mike O'Mary shares a note he received years ago that changed his life. His simple story is powerful encouragement for us to let the people around us know that they're appreciated, that they've done something special or made an impact on our lives.
In April, he launched The Note Project a campaign to make the world a million times better by helping people share notes of appreciation.
I had an English teacher in seventh grade who always wrote supportive comments on my compositions. Long into adulthood, those notes gave me the courage to keep writing and submitting my work for publication. Years later, I wrote her a note of thanks, told her how much her support meant to me, and enclosed a copy of a magazine containing one of my published articles. You never know which of your actions someone will remember you for.
How will someone know that they've impacted you if you don't tell them? Watch the clip, but have a pen handy; when it's over, you're going to want to write someone a note.
Teacher, parent, neighbor, friend - who will your note be to?
Cabinet of Curiosities nominated my brand new blog for a Liebster award. (Translation: Beloved) I love the serendipity of that. A huge thank you to Pat Esden, Suzanne Warr, Becca Fitzpatrick, Laura Andersen, and Ginger Churchill.
The goal of this award is to spotlight upcoming bloggers who currently have less than 200 followers. The rules of the award are:
1. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
2. Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
4. Have faith that your followers will spread the love to other bloggers.
5. And most of all - have bloggity-blog fun!
My five choices are:
1. Poets Marie Elena Good & Walt Wojtanik, Across the Lake, Eerily
2. Fantasy writer Katrina DeLallo, The World Crafter
3. MG & YA writer Mikki, Word Painter
4. PB writer Miranda Paul, Miranda Paul Books
5. Children's writer Dawn Malone, Here's the Story