I've signed on for another round of platform-building, blogger-friend-finding fun with Rachael Harrie's Platform Building Campaign. I had meant to post sooner to help spread the word before sign ups closed, but I was knocked out of commission for a few days with a nasty stomach virus. Thankfully, my daughter and my husband took good care of me, making sure I had plenty of saltines, ginger ale, and soup.
In any case, if you're a new visitor, thanks for stopping by and I look forward to getting to know you and your blog better throughout the campaign!
I'd also like to thank Patricia from Children's Books Heal for awarding me the Kreative Blogger award. She runs a wonderful book review blog and I'm so happy to have gotten to know her through the blogging experience.
The rules of the award are to thank the person who nominated you for the award and post a link to their blog. Then list 10 things about myself and award the blog to six other deserving bloggers.
However, I'm shortening things a bit, because being out of commission for the past four days has set me behind on EVERYTHING. I need to start catching up with life again!
Five things about me:
1. I am constantly fighting the battle against clutter, but rarely feel like I'm winning.
2. I made Ranger cookies last week and convinced myself that with all of the Rice Krispies and Oatmeal, they were a justifiable breakfast food.
3. Somehow I always end up watching American Idol, even though it drives me crazy.
4. One of my favorite things about February are the cherry pies at McDonalds. Mmmmm.
5. In junior high my teachers got together and presented me with a certificate naming me "Most Talkative." (It was a joke, because I was sooooo shy.)
And now, I'd like to pass the award on to:
Vijaya Bodach at Reading, Writing, Ruminating. She's a scientist turned children's writer who shares her thoughts on faith, family, and writing. And she's a lovely person.
Heather Ayris Burnell at Frolicking Through Cyberspace. She's a PB writer who also runs a cafe & gallery. That's a lot of creativity! Plus, you've gotta love a blog with "frolicking" in the title ;)
Ardith Goodwith at Ardith's Art Journal. I was introduced to Ardith, her blog, and her art through last year's platform building campaign.
The Muse at The Writer Shade of Pale. Not only do I love the title of her (recently discovered) blog, but I'm loving her thoughtful posts.
Leslie Rose at Yes, This Will be on the Test She's a fifth grade teacher and a YA writer.
They're all blogs worth visiting. I hope you'll click over and check them out.