Saturday, February 18, 2012

Getting Well, Joining the Campaign, and Sharing the Love

I've signed on for another round of platform-building, blogger-friend-finding fun with Rachael Harrie's Platform Building Campaign. I had meant to post sooner to help spread the word before sign ups closed, but I was knocked out of commission for a few days with a nasty stomach virus. Thankfully, my daughter and my husband took good care of me, making sure I had plenty of saltines, ginger ale, and soup.


In any case, if you're a new visitor, thanks for stopping by and I look forward to getting to know you and your blog better throughout the campaign!

I'd also like to thank Patricia from Children's Books Heal for awarding me the Kreative Blogger award. She runs a wonderful book review blog and I'm so happy to have gotten to know her through the blogging experience.



The rules of the award are to thank the person who nominated you for the award and post a link to their blog. Then list 10 things about myself and award the blog to six other deserving bloggers.

However, I'm shortening things a bit, because being out of commission for the past four days has set me behind on EVERYTHING. I need to start catching up with life again!

Five things about me:

1.  I am constantly fighting the battle against clutter, but rarely feel like I'm winning.

2.  I made Ranger cookies last week and convinced myself that with all of the Rice Krispies and Oatmeal, they were a justifiable breakfast food.

3.  Somehow I always end up watching American Idol, even though it drives me crazy.

4.  One of my favorite things about February are the cherry pies at McDonalds.  Mmmmm.

5. In junior high my teachers got together and presented me with a certificate naming me "Most Talkative." (It was a joke, because I was sooooo shy.)


And now, I'd like to pass the award on to:

Vijaya Bodach at Reading, Writing, Ruminating. She's a scientist turned children's writer who shares her thoughts on faith, family, and writing. And she's a lovely person.

Heather Ayris Burnell at Frolicking Through Cyberspace. She's a PB writer who also runs a cafe & gallery. That's a lot of creativity! Plus, you've gotta love a blog with "frolicking" in the title ;)

Ardith Goodwith at Ardith's Art Journal. I was introduced to Ardith, her blog, and her art through last year's platform building campaign.

The Muse at The Writer Shade of Pale. Not only do I love the title of her (recently discovered) blog, but I'm loving her thoughtful posts.

Leslie Rose at Yes, This Will be on the Test She's a fifth grade teacher and a YA writer.

They're all blogs worth visiting. I hope you'll click over and check them out.

50 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for visiting my art journal and leaving me a reward here. I was not familiar with awards until now but I love the concept. You will be one of the first I give one to on my next post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the award! BTW, I watch Idol too, even though I tell myself I'm not going to. :)

    Sara aka The Muse
    http://thewritershadeofpale.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There must be a 12-step program out there for people like us - idol addicts.

      Delete
  3. Ruth, I too am a shy writer trying to go "social"! And I am definitely with you on #1 too. My desk, at this very moment, well, I won't go there ... Looking forward to reading more of your blog and other work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Jean. I think it's common for creative people to have cluttered desks. Or so I've heard.

      Delete
  4. Heya, Ruth. I'm so excited to get an award. I would have prepared a speech, but I never expected to win. (I'm practicing for my academy award.) I just discovered Ranger cookies last year. Delish. Looking forward to popping over to the other blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm terrible at speeches. I'd love to hear yours, though ;)

      Delete
  5. Good to meet another God-lover, Ruth! Looking forward to the campaign...I'm from group one. Blessings on your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. By the way..our family just returned from a trip to Patagonia, where we saw the trees you have in your header down in Ushuaia...the city at the end of the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm not much for traveling, but I would love to see those trees ;)

      Delete
  7. Congrads on your award. It is well deserved. Congrads to all you chose to honor. I am not doing the platform building this time around. I struggled with this decision. I must write. But have fun.

    BTW, I was thinking I needed to stop by your blog when I saw you had visited me first. *waving*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Robyn. Good luck with the writing!

      Delete
  8. Congrats on the award! And don't get me started on American Idol. I used to watch it all the time, and if I start again, I'll get nothing else done!

    And good luck with the campaign. I'm holding off on this one so I can finish my first draft, but I'm still excited to see how it goes for everyone :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I successfully avoided Idol for a season or two, but then got sucked back in. I should really give it up - especially because my husband can't stand it.

      Good luck with that draft!

      Delete
  9. Thank you for thinking of me, Ruth ... I had to laugh at #5 and I, too, am fighting clutter entropy. However, with Lent just around the corner, I'll be fasting from all but the most necessary internetty things. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to love the television show Clean Sweep. It always inspired me to get rid of excess stuff. And watching an episode of Hoarders will scare me into throwing away almost everything. Must tune in again soon ;)

      God bless.

      Delete
  10. Sorry to hear you were sick - that is the worst! I hope you're feeling all better! I love your list :) I also fight a constant losing battle against clutter and convince myself that dessert foods are breakfast :) Congrats on the award!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why I feel the need to justify breakfast foods, I mean if a donuts are breakfast food then just about anything can be.

      Delete
  11. Congratulations on the award and thank you for passing it on to me! That is so sweet. I'm with you on the battle against clutter and American Idol too. How funny!
    I added you to my award post and passed the Kreativ Blogger award on to Susanna, and here she is posting right above me here. *waves*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ruth, hope you're feeling better. I can identify with the clutter. I have huge problems with our creating "idols," but guess who tunes in every week. Sigh. Liked your entries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat. Ahhh, another idol addict. If there isn't a 12-step program, we should start one ;)

      Delete
  13. Hi from the campaign :) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the award. I just received the same one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on the award and thanks for sharing the amazing links.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope you are feeling all better! And congrats on the award :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have tagged you on my blog.
    http://msdiamondhill.wodpress.com/blog
    Kindly visit and answer the questions.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad to hear you're feeling better. I know exactly what you mean about trying to catch up when you haven't been well :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear from you Sarah. Glad you are feeling better, too.

      Delete
  19. I'm sorry I'm running a bit slow in saying hello. I haven't been on the blogging circuit much this past week. I'm a fellow campaigner from Group 1. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on you awards! Oh and Ranger cookies are definitely breakfast food ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Coleen. And the Ranger cookie recipe makes a TON. I just ate the last two today ;)

      Delete
  21. I'm glad you're doing better and were taken care of.

    I haven't tried the cherry pies at McDonalds. You made me curious.

    Congrats on the award.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I joined the campaign too! I still need to figure it all out but it sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations, Ruth! And I hope you are BETTER now!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ruth, I hope you're feeling a lot better now. Congrats on the award! I'll check back later tomorrow because I'm curious about the bloggers you're passing the award to. A PB writer who owns a cafe ~ sounds like she's living my ideal life (okay, a wonderfully big part of my ideal life).

    ReplyDelete
  25. And to add to your awards. I am tagging you. Which isn't really an award, but kind of the same idea behind the awards.

    You've been tagged. Head on over to my blog to see what that means. ;-) http://angeliaalmos.blogspot.com/2012/02/ive-been-tagged.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. You are definitely giving back the love. I have to admit I'm an American Idol fan too, even though watching it is a huge time suck. Thanks for stopping by Swagger Writers. New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, I always hated being teased for being quiet. So glad you're better now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a thanks for stopping by my blog, I thought I'd hop over to yours. I've had my shy periods as well and it was interesting reading your other uniquely you aspects.

      You've got my interest piqued about the Platform builders? I'm not familiar with that. Would love to know more.

      Delete
  28. Thanks for stopping by my blog...and now I have to find out more about these Ranger cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hope you enjoy this round of the Campaigner. I did it last year but there are only so many blogfests you can do. Congrats on the award. I can't believe you were sooo shy. And thanks for introducing us to some interesting new bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congratulations on your award. It's always so nice to receive one of these. Glad you're in the Campaign. I'm sitting this one out.

    ReplyDelete