The rules of this award are:
- Thank the person who gave the award to you.
- Post eleven facts about yourself. (Thus the first of many sighs.)
- Answer eleven questions I will make up for you, and make up eleven of your own for the people you tag. (Another sigh, accompanied by slouched shoulders.)
- Tell seven more things about yourself. (A sigh during which I slump forward, my forehead hits the desk and I ever so slightly lift my head and hit it again, and again, and again, ad infinitum.)
- Lastly, tag as many people as you want and let them know you’ve given them the award.
Okay, so here goes:
Over the past couple of weeks I read this book which made me think,
this book, which made me cry,
watched this video which made me laugh
and this movie that warmed my heart.
I'm delighted to be going swimming tomorrow (first time in two years.)
I was uplifted by a church service I attended on the beach Sunday evening
I was relieved that watching the Olympics every night meant never having to channel surf.
I was exhausted, because watching the Olympics every night meant never getting to bed on time.
I was frustrated by Blogger when it refused to save my changes in continual attempts to fix the spacing problems in this post =/
I'm secretly more grateful than annoyed by this (very time consuming) award because I had no idea what to post this week. (Thanks again, Cat.)
Now, I will answer Cat's questions.
- What’s the first book you ever read? I have no idea. Do most people remember this?
- What’s a movie you saw as a little kid, forgot about, and when you saw it again as an adult you remembered the whole plot in a sort of gosh-I-know-what’s-going-to-happen-next kind of way? Again, no idea.
- If you weren’t what you are now (such as a writer, mother, accountant) what would you want to be? A painter (fine art, not house painting)
- What’s your favourite hobby? Crafting
- What looks grayer to you? THIS spelling of gray, or this spelling of grey? Grey
- How do you pronounce tomatoe? Toe-mah-toe or toe-may-toe? Actually, I say it more like tah-may-toe
- Do you secretly wish you were a hobbit? Umm, no.
- Would you rather be an elf? Not even for a minute.
- Do you prefer British or American spellings of the words honour/honor, colour/color, tyre/tire, laser/lazer, aluminium/aluminum? Honour and colour look more sophisticated to me. I've never even encountered the British spellings of the others until now.
- What’s your idea of fun? Spending time with my family.
- How many times can you say the words, “Irish wristwatch?” Not even once.
And now, seven more things about me (at which point I totally understand if you skip to the end and leave a disgruntled comment about the ridiculous length of this post.) I can hardly stand all this "me" talk myself. But for the sake of following the rules, here goes:
- A glass of Coke and a handful of M&Ms make me disproportionately happy.
- I've learned to overlook dust and dog fur if it means more time to write.
- I can't wait for the new seasons of Merlin and Once Upon a Time to begin.
- With all of the hours I watched the Olympics, I somehow still missed the synchronized swimming =(
- I bought three dresses at the beginning of the summer, but haven't worn any of them yet. I'm more of a cut-off jeans kinda girl.
- When given the chance, I opted for a desktop computer over a laptop. I usually like having to show up at my desk to work.
- The choice of a desktop came back to haunt me when I had to choose between making a blog post on time this week or watching the closing ceremonies. (Thus, the day-late post.)
And here are my the eleven questions for the bloggers that I've chosen to tag.
- Did these Olympics make you appreciate a sport you hadn't given much attention to before? Which one?
- Would you rather attend a rock concert or a sporting event?
- If you had to get one song stuck in your head for a week, knowing you would absolutely hate it by the weeks end, what song would you choose?
- Would you prefer pineapple on your pizza or on an upside down cake?
- Do you prefer to swim in the ocean or in a pool?
- What is the last book you read that you think you'll re-read someday?
- Does your beach towel have a cartoon character on it? If so, which one?
- How many songs are on your ipod right now?
- Are you more likely to overspend on groceries or on clothes?
- What's your favorite fast food?
- Do you watch reality T.V.?
And now, although I will not be pointing fingers and naming names, anyone who has read to the bottom of this post has, in my opinion, earned the right to grab this award for themselves and sacrifice several hours of their time in the making of the required post. Godspeed dear friends ;)